Morel Mushroom Ravioli in Wild Mushroom Broth
- 1 1/2 Tbs. cooking oil
- 3 Tbs. minced shallot
- 5 oz. dried morels, rinsed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tsp. salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 80 wonton wrappers
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 2/3 lb. fresh wild mushrooms, stems reserved, caps sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh chives or scallion tops
In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add 2 Tbs. of the shallot and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add 4 oz. of the dried morels and the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the mixture is reduced to 1 cup, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 15 minutes. Strain the cream and reserve the mushrooms. Let the cream cool completely and chop the morels finely.
Put the chicken in a food processor and pulse 2 or 3 times. With machine running, add the cooled cream in a steady stream, scraping the bowl as needed. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the chopped morels, 1 tsp. of the salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
On a clean work surface, lay out a few of the wonton wrappers and brush lightly with water. Put 2 tsp. of the chicken mixture in the center of each wrapper. Top with a second wonton wrapper and press around the filling to seal and to remove an air that may be trapped inside. With a 2 1/2 inch cutter, stamp out a round. Put on a baking sheet dusted with flour.
Heat 2 Tbs. butter in a large frying pan over moderately high heat. Add the sliced wild mushrooms, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper and sauté until golden, about 8 minutes. Cover and keep warm. In a large saucepan, heat the remaining 2 Tbs. of butter over moderately low heat. Add the remaining Tbs. shallot, 1 oz. dried morels, reserved mushroom stems and the garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Add the stock and simmer until reduced to 2 cups - about 15 minutes. Season with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Strain stock and keep warm. In a pot of boiling, salted water cook the ravioli until just done, about 3 minutes. To serve, arrange the ravioli in shallow bowls and cover with broth. Top with the mushrooms and chives.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (688 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (677 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (452 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (390 Votes)