Sesame Wonton Triangles With Smoked Salmon And Wasabi
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil (such as Asian) plus
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 egg white
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 1/4 teaspoons wasabi paste*
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 6 ounces sliced smoked salmon
- Daikon radish sprouts (or other small sprouts)
* Found in the Asian foods section of supermarkets and at Japanese markets.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk 1/4 cup oil and egg white in small bowl to blend. Place wonton wrappers in single layer on work surface; brush with some of oil mixture and sprinkle with half of seeds. Fold diagonally in half. Brush with more oil mixture; sprinkle with remaining seeds. Cut each into 2 triangles. Place on baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 13 minutes. Cool.
Whisk vinegar, chives, wasabi, ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon oil in bowl. Cover each wonton with 1 salmon slice, then drizzle with wasabi mixture. Top salmon with sprouts, then fold salmon over sprouts. Top with more sprouts.
This recipe yields 16 pieces.