- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup KARO light Corn Syrup
- 2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (not needed, add to your taste)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
1. In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce, brown sugar (if desired), KARO Light Corn Syrup, and prepared mustard.
2. In a large bowl, mix 3/4 cup of the tomato mixture, 2 eggs (slightly beaten), chopped onion, salt, ground nutmeg, and pepper.
3. Add ground beef, toss to blend.
4. In an 11" x 7" baking dish, form beef mixture into loaf.
5. Bake in 350°F. oven for 30 min.
6. Cover with remaining tomato mixture.
7. Bake 30 min.