- * 1 pound ground beef
- * 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- * 2 garlic cloves, minced
- * 2 (16-oz.) cans light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- * 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- * 1 (14.5-oz.) can petite diced tomatoes and jalapeños, undrained
- * 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes and mild green chiles, undrained
- * 1 (14-oz.) can beef broth
- * 2 cups frozen yellow and white whole kernel corn
- * 1 (1-oz.) envelope taco seasoning mix
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- * 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- * Toppings: sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro
1. Brown ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 to 12 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink and onion is softened; drain.
2. Stir in kidney beans, next 8 ingredients, and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in cilantro just before serving. Serve with desired toppings.