Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounces) condensed chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cups water, divided
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 3 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups quartered mushrooms
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 refrigerated unbaked piecrust (for 9-inch pie)
- 2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken
Cooking time 20mins
Combine broth, 1 cup water, carrots and potatoes in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer over low heat 10 minutes.
Preheat over to 425 degrees. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth mixture and peas. Whisk remaining 1/3 cup water into the flour until smooth; whisk into vegetable mixture. Increase heat to medium-high; bring to a boil.
Spread out piecrust on floured surface. Measure and roll, if necessary, to fit 1-inch larger than top of a 2 quart shallow baking dish. Stir chicken into vegetable mixture and transfer to the baking dish. Place crust over filling; trim and flute edge. Cut a scalloped round from center with a cookie cutter.
Bake until filling is bubbly and crust is browned, about 20 minutes.