- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 T. organic butter
- 25 shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 T. minced onions
- 1/4 c. sherry
- 1/2 c. marsala wine
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- 16 oz. organic chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 5 oz. organic spinach
- 1 T. fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz. fetticini
- 1 organic cantaloup
- 1 pint organic raspberries
- 1 pint organic blueberries
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Heat large frying pan. Spray with olive oil cooking spray. Place chicken breast in frying pan and brown. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes turning as needed. While chicken is cooking slice mushrooms.
1. Remove chicken from pan, place on dish. Add butter to pan and melt. Add mushrooms and minced onion.
2. Saute until mushrooms are soft.
3. Add sherry and marsala wine. Lower heat to medium and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add vinegar, chicken broth, garlic powder and lemon to pan. Bring to boil. Add chicken back to pan. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Bring large pot of water to boil. Add fetticini. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
6. Chop cantaloupe and add top blueberries and raspberries
7. Drain fetticini, rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
8. Add spinach and parsley to chicken marsala. Cover and remove from heat. This will steam the spinach and keep the bright green color.
9. Serve one chicken breast and sauce over 3 oz. cooked fetticini and one cup of fruit salad.