Basil Buttered Salmon
For a summer-fresh twist on grilled salmon, brush on a mixture of warm melted butter, basil, parsley, and lemon peel. Serve it with crisp-tender asparagus.
- 4 fresh or frozen skinless salmon or halibut fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt free lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh lemon basil, regular basil or dill or 1/4 tsp dried
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel or lime peel
1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning.
2. Place fish on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan. Turn any thin portions under to make uniform thickness. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Carefully turn fish over. Broil for 3 to 7 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together butter, basil, parsley, and lemon peel. To serve, spoon 1 teaspoon of the butter mixture on top of each fish piece. Cover and refrigerate remaining butter mixture for another use. Makes 4 servings.
4. Grilling Directions: Place fish on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, carefully turning once halfway through grilling