Smoky Black Bean Dip
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, including green tops
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinced
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 tsp. canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 small jalapeno chili, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbl. minced cilantro
In medium saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, coriander, and cumin. Saute, stirring freguently, until onions are softened, about 2 minutes.
Add beans and 1/3 cup water. Simmer until water evaporates, 5 to 7 minutes, cool 5 minutes.
In bowl of a food processor fitted with metal blade, process bean mixture until coarsely mashed. Add lime juice, chipotle, and salt. Process until smooth. Add sour cream, jalapeno, and 1/2 cup cilantro. Pulse just until cilantro is incorporated. Adjust seasoning, then transfer to bowl. garnish with remaining cilantro and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (898 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (128 Votes)