Mexican Corn Bread
Best corn bread ever
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1/2 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 90mins
1.Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2.In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in cream corn, chiles, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese.
3.In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to corn mixture; stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4.Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of the pan comes out clean.