- •1 can(s) (14-ounce) vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- •2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- •1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- •3 clove(s) garlic, sliced
- •1 cup(s) shredded fontina cheese or 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- •1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh tarragon, dill, or chives, or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- •1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- •4 cup(s) chopped vegetables , such as broccoli , carrots, and snap peas, or 16-ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- •1 package(s) (16-ounce) frozen cheese tortellini
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from eatingwell.com
1.Put a large pot of water on to boil.
2.Meanwhile, whisk broth and flour in a small bowl. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until just beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broth mixture to the pan, bring to a boil, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese, tarragon (or dill or chives), and salt.
3.Add vegetables and tortellini to the boiling water; return the water to a simmer and cook until the vegetables and tortellini are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain; add to the pan with the sauce and stir to coat.