Spicy dish served over rice.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 med onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 1/2 Tbsp curry powder or to taste
- 1 -2 tsp red or yellow curry paste (optional for heat)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, cut in small pieces
- 1 boneless chicken breast or 2 thighs
- salt and pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Brown slightly in oil. Remove from pan and reserve. Start cooking rice.
2. Saute the onions, pepper and garlic in oil. Mix together the curry powder, salt, sugar, cumin, paprika and flour and stir into the onion garlic mixture. Cook stirring for a minute or so and then add the chicken broth, ginger and tomato paste and cook until thickened. Adjust seasonings.
3. Add the chicken, raisins, tomato and apple and cook until heated through.
4. Heat through and serve over rice and add some or all of the following if you wish:
Chopped peanuts, almonds or cashews
Toasted coconut flakes
Sliced bananas sauteed in butter