Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 c. chopped red pepper
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 c. skimmed milk
- 4 c. cooked medium egg noodles
- 1 c. frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 12 1/2 oz can tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 c. (2 oz)shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c. fine, dry breadcrumbs
Heat oven to 350 degrees
1. Coat a saucepan with cooking spray, place over med. heat until hot. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and onion, saute 3 mins. or until tender-crisp. Remove from saucepan and set aside
2. Add butter to saucepan, place over med-low heat until melted. Add flour, cook 1 min stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, an additional 6 mins. or until thickened and bubbly.
3. Pour sauce into a bowl. Stir in mushroom mixture, noodles, and next 4 ingredients. Spoon into a shallow 2 qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Top with cheese and breadcrumbs. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 mins.
8 1 c. servings.
You'll also love
- Prime Rib ala Matt 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brussel Sprout Souffle 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Gouda Shrimp and Grits 0/5 (0 Votes)
- EASY SHRIMP NEWBURG 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Tuna with Mandarin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Trout Rillettes with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Garden Five-Cheese Ziti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Best Tuna Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)