ROAST STICKY CHICKEN posted 10-08-2001 03:47 PM
This recipe is to-die-for, I make it at least once a week, found the recipe a few years ago...left overs are wonderful for sandwiches or salads.
Roast Sticky Chicken
1. In a small bowl combine:
4 t. salt
2 t. paprika
1 t. cayenne pepper
1 t. onion powder
1 t. thyme
1 t. white pepper
½ t. garlic powder
½ t. black pepper
Remove giblets from:
1 large roasting chicken
2. Clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels
3. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, under fat and evenly distributed (Note: I poke my chicken all over with a fork so the seasonings will go deep)
5. Place in a resealable bag seal and refrigerate overnight.
7. Place in shallow baking pan 8. Roast, uncovered at 250 degrees (F) for 5 hours (Yes 250 degrees for 5 hours!)
9. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving.
*Loretta noted that she also did this recipe with cut up chicken pieces and it worked just fine that way as well.