Honeybee Ham Salad Sandwich
- 1/2 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 1 round Italian roll (6 inches)
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 8 to 10 drops yellow food coloring
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted large ripe olives, drained
- 1 pimiento strip
- 1 celery rib, cut into thirds
1. In a bowl, combine the ham, mayonnaise, eggs, pecans, pineapple and honey until blended. Slice the loaf and roll in half horizon¬tally. Cut a third off one end of the loaf; slice the smaller portion in half.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, cream and food coloring until light and fluffy. Spread over top of all bread sections and roll. Spread butter over the inside of bread sections and roll; fill with ham salad.
3. To assemble, place large loaf piece on a serving platter or covered board for bee's body. Place roll next to body for head. For wings, position two small loaf pieces, rounded edges facing each other, above body.
4. Set aside 12 whole olives. Slice remaining olives in half lengthwise; make stripes on body with halved olives. Cut 11 olives into slices. Position one slice on head for eye; decorate wings with remaining slices. Add pimiento for mouth. Place last whole olive on one piece of celery; insert into top of head for antenna. Insert remaining celery into ham salad for legs.