Pork and Shrimp Dumplings (Shu mai)
- ½ lb. Ground pork
- ¼ lb. Peeled deveined shrimp, chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- One 2 inch piece ginger, peeled and finely shredded (about 2 tbsp.)
- 1 tbsp. Rice wine, sake, or fino sherry
- 1 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 24 gyoza (round Japanese potsticker) wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
In a bowl, mix pork, shrimp, green onions, ginger, rice wine, and soy sauce.
On a flat, clean surface, lay out gyoza wrappers. Top each with about 1 tbsp. Pork-shrimp mixture. Brush edges of wrapper with beaten egg and form dumplings. Put shu mai in parchment lined steamer.
Steam dumplings until cooked through about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.