Ziti with 4 Cheese
- 1/2 lb. whole milk Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 lb. Fontina or Bel Paese cheese
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 lb. ziti (about 5 c. uncooked)
- 15 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from cooks.com
1. Bring water to boil.
2. Coarsely shred enough Mozzarella to measure 2 cups and enough Fontina to measure 1 cup. Grate 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside.
3. Cook ziti with 1 tablespoon salt for 8 minutes al dente. Drain and return to pan.
4. In small bowl beat ricotta and egg. Add everything to ziti and stir to combine well.
5. Generously butter medium size shallow baking dish.
6. Thirty minutes before serving, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. 4 servings.
Variation: Add 1 pound ziti, cheddar instead of Fontina, more ricotta, chopped fresh spinach and top with spaghetti sauce (optional).