Caribbean-spiced Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 pounds unpeeled jumbo shrimp (16-20 count)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Pineapple Salsa (see recipe)
Combine first 10 ingredients, including fennel if desired, in a small bowl.
Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired. Dredge shrimp in spice mixture.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, in batches, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet, as needed, to cook remaining shrimp. Serve shrimp warm or at room temperature with Pineapple Salsa.