Spiced Apple Cider
Reducing the cider intensifies its flavor. This spiced cider can be served without the brandy or bourbon to make it family friendly, or add a bit for the adults.
- 1 gallon apple cider, preferably fresh (the darker the better)
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- Brandy, Calvados (apple brandy), or bourbon (optional)
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Combine cider, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon sticks in a large pot. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean. Bring spiced cider just to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook just below a simmer until flavors meld, about 1 hour.
Strain cider through a sieve into another pot or heatproof punch bowl; discard solids in sieve. Add brandy to taste, if using. Ladle hot spiced cider into cups.
You'll also love
- Scalloped Corn Recipe 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Buttermilk-Brined Turkey 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Stained-Glass Cut Out Cookies 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato... 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Lemon Mousse Cake 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Trifle Recipe 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Pineapple and Cream Cheese Upside... 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Maple-Bourbon Smash 4.9/5 (9 Votes)