Breakfast: Mom's Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 pkg dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105-115)
- 1/4 cup and 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup scalded milk
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 lb butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3/4-1 cup pecans chopped (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp half & half
1. In a large bowl sprinkle yeast into water. Add 1 1/2 tsp sugar. Stir to dissolve. Cover and let set.
2. Scald milk, mix melted butter, 1/4 cup sugar and salt. Cool to 105-115F before adding to yeast mixture.
3. Add slightly beaten eggs. Mix well. Add 1 cup flour, mix with electric mixer and low speed until smooth and satiny. Add remaining flour gradually, changing from mixer to spoon or hands as dough becomes stiffer. Add enough flour until is not sticky. Knead until smooth and elastic.
4. Place dough in a large greased bowl. Cover with damp cloth.
5. Let rise in warm place only until doubled in size, about 1 hour. May need to punch down once if necessary.
6. Preheat oven 400F prepare filling.
&. Punch down dough.
8. Roll out dough on well floured cloth or board 1/8-1/4 rectangle 18" long
9. Spread butter mixture generously over dough and spinkle with pecans.
10. Roll in jelly roll. Cut into 1.5" slices. Place in well grease pan leaving 1 1/2 inch between slices.
11. Cover with plastic wrap sprayed with oil or damp cloth. Let rise for about 30 minutes, until almost doubled
12. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes then reduce temp to 375 for 10-15.
Cover with glaze while hot