Caramel pumpkin tiramasu
- 18 crisp ladyfinger cookies
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
•Using a serrated knife, cut six ladyfingers in half widthwise. In a
shallow bowl, combine maple syrup and bourbon. Dip six whole
ladyfingers and six halves into mixture; arrange in a single layer
in an 8-in. square dish.
•In a small bowl, beat 1/2 cup cream until it begins to thicken.
Gradually add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. In a large bowl,
combine the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and salt; fold in whipped
cream. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and remaining cream until thickened.
•Spread half of pumpkin mixture over ladyfingers in the dish. Dip
remaining ladyfingers; arrange over the top. Top with remaining
pumpkin mixture and the cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate
for 8 hours or overnight.
•In a microwave, heat caramel sauce; stir in bourbon. Serve warm with
tiramisu. Yield: 9 servings.