Bacon & egg potato salad
- 2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, saute the bacon in a skillet over low heat until crispy, about 12 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Put the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat, cover and let stand 6 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool; peel and chop.
Drain the potatoes (do not rinse), transfer to a baking sheet and let cool 6 to 8 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, scallions, red onion, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and add the bacon and hard-cooked eggs; fold in the mayonnaise mixture. Serve at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Crock Pot Sour Cream & Bacon... 4.5/5 (311 Votes)