Christmas Fruit Salad
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits in 100% Pineapple Juice, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, drained and sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large saucepan, combine egg yolks, water, vinegar and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and reaches 160°.
Remove from the heat and cool; fold in whipped cream.
In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Yield: 12-14 servings.