Sour Cream Coffee Bread (Marilyn)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ t. vanilla
- 2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 4 t. sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
• Cream butter and 2 c/ sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, to mix thoroughly.
• Beat in sour cream and vanilla.
• Fold in flour sifted with baking powder and salt.
• Combine 4 t. sugar with cinnamon and pecans; mix well.
• Spoon about one third of batter into a well-greased 9” tube pan.
• Sprinkle with about ¾ of pecan mixture. Spoon in remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining pecan mixture.
• Bake in moderate oven (350) for 1 hour, or until done. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Makes 10 servings.