- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups un-sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 or 3 drops green food coloring, (optional)
- 1 cup quick or old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 package (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded or flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy; stir in egg and vanilla.
Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Blend in green food coloring to desired shade.
Stir in oats, chocolate pieces, coconut, milk and mint extract.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
Bake 10 - 12 minutes. Cool