Lemon Sweet Potato Muffins
Try these delicious Lemon Sweet Potato Muffins recipe!
- 1 medium-sized cooked sweet potato, mashed (I roasted mine in the over at 400°F for 1 hour)
- 1 cup unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Zest of one large lemon
- Melted coconut butter, for topping plus extra lemon zest
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from mangiablog.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients until smooth.
Mix in the flaxseed, flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.
Fold in the lemon zest.
Drop the batter by rounded tablespoons into each muffin cup.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean.
Let cool completely, top with melted coconut butter and lemon zest.
You'll also love
- Apple Harvest Pockets 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Citrus Delight 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Easy Lemon Cookie 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Deep Dish Crumb Topped Strawberry... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Yukon Gold Potatoes Au Gratin 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken Fried Steak with Mashed... 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Fries 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Rice Casserole 4.3/5 (15 Votes)