Liver And Blue Cheese Pate
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 pound chicken livers halved, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled
Line 2-cup dish or mold with plastic wrap, leaving overhang.
Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until beginning to brown, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle livers with salt and pepper. Add livers and thyme to skillet. Sauté until livers are no longer pink in center, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat. Add brandy; scrape up any browned bits. Place contents of skillet in processor. Add cheese; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Pack pâté into prepared dish. Cover; chill 1 day. Unmold to serve.
Serve with crackers or baguette rounds.
This recipe yields about 2 cups.