Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups whole or 2% milk, divided
- 2 cups mayonnaise, ideally Best Foods' or Hellmann's, divided
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled & grated
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- Salt & pepper
Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil.
Add 1 Tbsp salt and the macaroni; cook until VERY soft, about 15 minutes.
Drain and return to pot; add the cider vinegar and toss until absorbed.
Let cool for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together 1 1/2 cups of the milk, 1 cup of the mayonnaise, the brown sugar, 1/2 tsp of salt and 2 tsp pepper.
Once the cooked pasta has cooled for 10 minutes, whisk in the dressing.
Let cool completely.
Add the remaining 1/2 cup milk and 1 cup of mayonnaise, along with the scallions, carrot and celery.
Stir to combine, then season to taste with salt & pepper.
Chill for at least one hour before serving.