- 2 cups sifted allpurpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup soft shortening
- 1 cup granulated suger
- 1 egg, slight;y beaten
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- granulated suger
Cooking time 8mins
1. Start heating oven 350 decrease F.
2. sift flour with salt, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, and baking soda.
3. Cream shortening till light and fluffy, gradually adding 1 cup suger.
4. Blend in egg and molasses; then stir in flour mixture until well blended.
5. Shape dough into 1 1/2" balls; roll in granulated suger. (Place 3" apart on ungreased cookie sheets)
6. Flatten with fingers; sprinkle with more suger.
7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Let stand a minute before removing from sheeets.
(These keep wonderfully in air tight comtainers)