Sunflower Seed and Banana Blondies
from fitchick on ec website
Nutrition: (for 1 out of 8 blondies) Calories: 103.7, Protein: 4.8g, Carbs: 12.3g, Fat: 4.3g (1g Saturated), Sodium: 32mg, Fiber: 4g (Net Carbs: 8.3g)
- 3 c + 1 tbs (42g) coconut flour
- 1 tsp (5g) psyllium husk (or flax)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3 small bananas, mashed (250g)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c (113g) greek yogurt (or applesauce for paleo)
- sweetener, optional
- 1/4 c (30g) roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 tbs (16g) sunflower seed butter (for topping), optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from eatcleandiet.com
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine your dry ingredients in a bowl: coconut flour, psyllium, cinnamon and baking powder.
3. In a second bowl mix together your eggs, banana, vanilla and greek yogurt.
4. Mix together wet and dry ingredients.
5. Fold in your sunflower seeds.
6. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (I used a square shaped muffin pan)
7. Bake for ~ 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool.
9. Top with sunflower seed butter, if desired.