Low-Fat Scalloped Potatoes
Low-Fat Scallop Potatoes are cheesy, light, and compliment any main dinner dish. Enjoy a healthier version of this favorite comfort food.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- Kosher salt
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk (1%), at room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup grated gruyere cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 3-quart baking dish. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the potatoes and cook until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return to the pot.
Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour with a wooden spoon to make a paste. Cook, stirring, until the paste puffs slightly, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in both milks and simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and the nutmeg. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and gently toss to coat.
Transfer the potato mixture to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the gruyere. Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes. Switch the oven to the broiler setting and broil the potatoes until browned on top, about 5 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Jalapeño Scalloped Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Scalloped Potato & Ground Beef... 4.2/5 (63 Votes)
- Baileys Grasshopper 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin with... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- THREE CHEESE FRENCH ONION SOUP 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Broccoli and Quinoa Salad 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pizza 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Yukon Potato Wedges 4.6/5 (5 Votes)