Lemon Coolers are the perfect zesty cookie to end any meal or just pop in your mouth whenever you have a craving for a sweet treat with a tart pucker finish. Package a batch of these cookies up for a friend or family member to brighten their day or wish them a happy birthday!
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, about 3-ounces
- 1/8 teaspoon unsweetened powdered Kool-aid lemonade drink mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, about 5-ounces
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided into 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup portions
- 1 large lemon, zest from the whole lemon and 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from somethingedible.com
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Add drink mix powder to the white chocolate and melt in a double boiler. Whisk to mix well.
Spread the cookie dough out over a silpat or parchment-lined sheet pan until 1/8-inch thick and pop in the freezer 15 minutes to harden.
Peel from silpat and run a knife through the white chocolate to dice into small pieces.
With hand or stand mixer on medium, beat butter and 1/4 cup powdered sugar, for 2 minutes, scraping bowl as necessary.
Add vanilla and salt, and mix 30 seconds more to integrate.
Slow things down to a stir, add flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
When it comes together, stir in the chopped white chocolate.
Roll cookies into 3/4-inch balls, about a measured teaspoon of dough, and space evenly on a silpat or parchment-lined sheet pan.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the bottom edges just begin to brown.
When done, let rest 5 to 7 minutes on the pan before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
When completely cool, coat the cookies in the remaining 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
The cookies are delicate, so use finesse while coating your cookies.
You'll also love
- Taco Time's Secret Beef Seasoning 4/5 (71 Votes)
- BANANA-PINEAPPLE CREAM SQUARES 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Creamed Chipped Beef 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi from Disney... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Bruschetta 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Lemon Cheese Bars 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Chili Relleno Squares 4.5/5 (26 Votes)