Linguine and Chicken For Two
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. refrigerated linguine, cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dry sherry, if desired
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped purchased roasted red bell peppers (from 7.25-oz. jar) or chopped pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons Progresso® Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons margarine or butter, melted
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
* 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square (2-quart) baking dish. Place uncooked linguine in colander; rinse with hot water for 15 to 30 seconds or until softened. Set aside.
* 2 Melt 1 tablespoon margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
* 3 Stir in flour, salt and pepper; mix well. Stir in broth; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in half-and-half, sherry, chicken, roasted bell peppers and linguine; mix well. Spoon mixture into greased baking dish; cover with foil. Bake at 350°F. for 15 minutes.
* 4 Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine all topping ingredients; mix well. Uncover dish; sprinkle topping over casserole. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and topping is light golden brown.