Creamy Mashed Potatoes With Goat Cheese And Fresh Sage
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes peeled, and cut into 3/4" cubes
- 5 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup whole milk or more if needed
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- Fresh sage sprigs for garnish
Cook potatoes in large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 12 minutes; drain well. Return to same pan. Add cheese, 1/4 cup milk, and butter; mash until smooth. Mix in chopped sage; season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm over low heat, thinning with more milk, if too thick.)
Mound potatoes in bowl. Garnish with fresh sage sprigs.
This recipe yields 4 servings.