Fast, simple and easy pasta dish!
- 7 ounces dried cavatelli or wagon wheel macaroni
- 12 ounces uncooked Italian sausage links, sliced 1/2 inch thick, or ground beef
- 3/4 c. chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 26-ounce jar pasta sauce
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 t. black pepper
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 55mins
1. Cook and drain pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet cook the sausage, onion, and garlic over medium heat until sausage is brown; remove from skillet and drain off fat.
3. In a large bowl stir together pasta sauce, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and the pepper. Add the cooked pasta and the drained sausage mixture. Stir gently to combine. Spoon the mixture into a 2-quart casserole.
4. Bake, covered, in a 375 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until nearly heated through. Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.