Chickpea, sweet potato stew
- 1 cup chickpeas, soaked over night
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Read more: http://caloriecount.about.com/chickpeas-sweet-potato-stew-recipe-r461304#ixzz19KUP8QXs
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
heat oil in pressure cooker until it shimmers. Add onions, curry, cumin and jalapeno. Saute until onions soften - 5min.
add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Add chickpeas, sweet potatoes and water. Stir and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
Add the tomatoes - do NOT stir.
Secure the lid on the cooker and bring to full pressure. (15psi) Adjust heat to maintain pressure for 16 minutes exactly.
Remove from heat and allow the steam to naturally release for 20 minutes.
Remove lid carefully and stir in coconut milk and spinach. Return lid but do not heat. Let stew rest for 5 minutes.
Read more: http://caloriecount.about.com/chickpeas-sweet-potato-stew-recipe-r461304#ixzz19KUV3drG
You'll also love
- Pepsi-Cola Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Fluff Jello 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Festive Winter Salad with Walnuts... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Soup with Garlic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Rabe with Raspberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Hot & Blue Potato Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Au Gratin Potatoes for a Crowd 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach and Sweet Potato Curry (No... 0/5 (0 Votes)