Chocolate Bread Pudding with Walnuts and Chocolate Chips Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipe
- 4 cups 1-inch cubes egg bread with crust (about 6 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, broken into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup half and half, divided
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Bread-Pudding-with-Walnuts-and-Chocolate-Chips-236881#ixzz19BYQeBgd
Toss bread cubes, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and toasted walnuts in large bowl to blend.
Whisk 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 cup half and half, and cocoa in heavy medium saucepan to blend. Add remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips; stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Gradually whisk in remaining 1/2 cup cream and 1/2 cup half and half. Whisk eggs, egg yolk, and sugar in medium bowl to blend. Whisk in chocolate-cream mixture. Stir into bread mixture. Let stand 1 hour for bread to absorb some of custard.
Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter six (1- to 1 1/4-cup) ramekins. Divide pudding mixture among ramekins. Bake puddings until set in centers, about 40 minutes.
Top warm puddings with whipped cream and serve.
Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Bread-Pudding-with-Walnuts-and-Chocolate-Chips-236881#ixzz19BYWQ17b