Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
A hearty breakfast muffin
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Amount Per Serving Calories: 282 | Total Fat: 13.9g | Cholesterol: 20mg
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
1.Combine oats and milk and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease each cup of one 12-cup muffin tin.
2.Stir egg, oil, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the pecans into the oat and milk mixture.
3.Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add oat mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just moist. Fill each cup of one 12-cup muffin tin 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with the remaining brown sugar and pecans.
4.Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.