The cookie dough needs to be made at least 3 hours ahead of time. I usually make the dough the night before.
- 12 Tbsp. salted organic butter, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp. organic ginger, freshly grated very fine
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1/3 cup organic medium amber maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. blackstrap molasses
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups organic white unbleached flour
- grape seed oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup organic turbinado sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. In a large bowl, beat butter, ginger, sugar, maple syrup, molasses and egg at medium speed for 1 minute.
2. Add baking soda and salt mix for 30 seconds on low.
3. Add flour, one cup at a time, mixing thoroughly at a low speed.
4. Place bowl with dough into the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
5. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
6. Pour turbinado sugar on to a dinner plate.
7. Remove dough from the refrigerator and roll into 1 inch balls. Place balls onto plate.
8. Roll cookies on plate with sugar. then place sugar covered cookies on the cookie sheet.
9. Bake for 15 minutes.
10. Remove from oven. Let cookies cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet.
11. Take cookies off cookie sheet and let cool. If you keep the cookies on the cookie sheet for more than 1 minute, they will continue to bake and the cookies will get hard, instead of chewy.
12. This recipe make 36 cookies.