Spaghetti with Shrimp Sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 10 ounces ripe plum tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. In a large pot bring salted water to boil.
2. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the onion and saute, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp, raise the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and continue cooking until it evaporates, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook until barely al dente.
4. Drain the pasta and transfer it to the frying pan with the shrimp sauce. Add the the parsley and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
5. Serve piping hot.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (140 Votes)