- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (11 oz) can cream-style corn
- 1 (10) oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1) In large pot over medium-high heat, cook and stir bacon until crisp. Drain grease, leaving about 1 TBSP in the pot. Break bacon into pieces in the pot.
2) Place onion in the pot, and cook until transparent. Mix in the potatoes, and cook until lightly browned on the outside. Stir in the chicken broth, and season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Pour in the cream-style corn and whole kernel corn and cook for 10 more minutes.
3) Stir in the cream, Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheeses over low heat. Do not boil. Remove from heat and serve.