- 3 medium sized ripe avocados
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 2 cans (10 1/2 oz. each) plain or jalapeno flavored bean dip
- 1 large bunch green onions, with tops, chopped
- 3 medium sized tomatoes, cored, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 cans (3 1/2 oz.) pitted ripe olives, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 pkg. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Large round tortilla chips
Peel, pit and mash avocados in a medium bowl mix, with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning in another bowl. Set aside.
To assemble - Spread bean dip on a large shallow serving platter, top with seasoned avocado, layer with sour cream-taco mixture. Sprinkle with chopped onions, tomatoes and olives and cover with shredded cheese. Serve chilled or at room temperature with round tortilla chips.