Festive Lemon Cut-Out Cookies with Lemon Glaze
- Festive Lemon Cut-Out Cookies:
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp ReaLemon lemon juice from concentrate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
- Lemon Glaze:
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, unsifted
- 1/4 cup ReaLemon (plus additional if needed for thinning)
- Food coloring, if desired
Combine all ingredients except flour; beat with mixer until well blended. Beat in flour.
Divide dough in half; wrap in plastic; chill at least 1 hour.
On well-floured surface, knead one dough portion into a smooth ball. Roll dough to 1/8-inch. Cut into shapes. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake in preheated 375 F oven 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned at edges. Cool. Repeat with remaining dough. Decorate with Lemon Glaze. Store tightly covered.
Top with edible decorations as desired. (Silver dragees!!!)
Lemon Glaze: With mixer, beat confectioners' sugar and ReaLemon. (Add additional amounts ReaLemon for a thinner consistency if desired). Divide glaze and tint with food colorings. Makes 1 1/3 cups.