Potato Tuna Croquettes
??Recipe from the 'Today' paper, pg 34, Thursday 29 Dec 2005.??
- 3 russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 can tuna (170g) drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 to 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep-frying
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil potatoes in a pot of water. When they become soft, peel off skin and mash them.
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a pan. Fry onions and garlic until lightly browned. Add tuna, salt, pepper, chilli powder and curry powder, and toss well. Add mash potatoes and mix well.
Roll the tuna mixture into patties. Coat each patty with breadcrumbs, dip into beaten egg and roll again in breadcrumbs.
Heat oil for deep-frying until it's almost smoking. Fry croquettes in batches until they turn golden brown. Lower heat if they brown too soon. Drain croquettes on paper towels and serve hot with tomato or chilli sauce.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)