Tommy Bahama's Blackberry Berry BBQ - Copycat
- Rib Rub:
- 6 each Full rack baby back ribs, trimmed
- 1 Cup Rib Rub (recipe follows)
- 4 Cups Rib marinade (recipe follows)
- 1 Cup Light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Blackening spice
- 7 Tbsp Jerk seasoning
- 3 Tbsp Kosher salt
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Rib Marinade:
- 4 Tbsp Liquid smoke
- 1-1/2 Cup Coca Cola
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- Mix all ingredients well in a mixing bowl with a wire whisk.
- Blackberry Berry BBQ Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Minced shallots
- 3/4 Cup Red wine vinegar
- 2 Cups Worcestershire sauce
- 1-3/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Cup Blackberry brandy
- 1-1/4 Cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch slurry (even parts, cool water and cornstarch)
Adapted from jansrecipes.com
Cooking the ribs:
Lightly coat each side of the ribs with the dry rub.
Place a metal baking rack in the bottom of a large roasting pan.
Arrange ribs bone to bone. Cover with the marinade.
Cover the roasting pan with the aluminum foil.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 3½ hours or until a bone comes out clean.
Cool in the liquid.
Blackberry Berry BBQ Sauce
Combine all ingredients except the cornstarch slurry into a saucepot and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes.
Add the slurry, turn the heat to medium high and continue to cook for 5 minutes until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
Remove from heat and cool.
Place ribs curved side up on a preheated medium grill, heat through on one side then flip to heat the other side, brush generously with the BBQ sauce and heat until the edges of the bones begin to bubble.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)