Celery Bisque With Stilton Toasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups sliced celery - (abt 8 stalks)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only, from 2 medium leeks)
- 3/4 pound Yukon Gold potatoes peeled, diced
- 4 cups low-salt chicken broth or more if needed
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche plus
- additional crème fraîche
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Stilton Toasts (see recipe)
Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add celery and leeks. Sauté until celery is slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Add potatoes and 4 cups broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, until all vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth. Return to same pot. Whisk in 1/3 cup crème fraîche and cayenne pepper. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat before serving, adding more broth to thin if desired.)
Ladle soup into bowls. Swirl 1 to 2 teaspoons additional crème fraîche into each. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Serve with Stilton Toasts.
This recipe yields 4 servings.