- 3- 16 oz. cans Great Northern white beans
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (4 oz) chopped mild green chilies
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock or canned broth
- 3 cups grated Monerey Jack cheese
- Sour Cream
Place chicken in large saucepan. Add cold water to cover and bring to a simmer. Cook until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Remove skin. Cut chicken into cubes.
Heat oil in same pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, then chilies, cumin, oregano, and cayenne and saute 2 minutes. Add undrained beans and stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and add chicken and cheese to chili and stir until cheese melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle chili into bowls. Garnish with sour cream if desired.