- 5 lbs peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablesppons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6.75 oz (about 1 1/2 cups) plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Place peaches in large bowl. Drizzle with juice; toss. Add 2/4 cups granulated sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons flour to peach mixture, and toss to combine. Arrange peach mixture evenly in a 13x9 in glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
3. Lightly spoon about 1 1/2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, remaining salt, and baking powder in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Place remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and butter in a medium bowl, and beat with mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add eggs, i at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in blueberries.
4. Spread batter evenly over peach mixture; sprinkle with brown sugar. Place baking dish on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 1 hour or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly.