Black Bean Brownies
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil ( i have also used coconut oil as well and still was good )
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 white or brown sugar.
Place the beans, 1/4 cup chocolate chips and oil in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Add the eggs, sugar, cocoa, vanilla, baking powder and salt; cover and process until smooth.
Transfer to a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen