Crunchy Potluck Taco Salad
Quick and easy taco salad is perfect for pot luck parties. Make sure to mix all of the ingredients together right before serving, as this salad doesn't keep until the next day.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, broken into small pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 4 medium green onions, sliced, about 1/4 cup
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, 8 ounces, shredded
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 bag roasted veggie zesty Cheddar tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and taco seasoning mix as directed on seasoning mix package. Set aside to cool.
In large bowl, gently mix lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onions and cheese. Add beef mixture; stir gently to mix.
Just before serving, add dressing and chips; toss.
Eat it all up! This salad does not keep in the refrigerator. Make sure to toss immediately before serving.
This salad can be customized to your family’s favorite taco ingredients.