Ginger-tamari salad dressing
I think raspberry fruit vinegar gives this delicious sweet and tangy dressing the best flavor, but try any fruit vinegar you like for your own delicious spin on this delectable recipe!
- 1/3 cup fruit vinegar
- 1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or to taste
- 4 cups mixed greens
In blender, food processor, or in a bowl with a whisk, work the vinegar, tamari or soy sauce, orange juice, fresh ginger, shallots, garlic, coriander seeds, salt, black pepper, and red pepper until blended.
Add canola oil and blend or whisk until the dressing emulsifies.
Stir in (or pulse) the sesame oil and maple syrup.
Taste for seasoning and add more salt, red pepper, or maple syrup, if you like. Toss with greens.
Adapted from American Flatbread